Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Not Much To Report

I can't believe how long it's been since I've updated you guys on my progress. Time really gets away from me when I'm delirious, which I've been for the last couple of weeks. My knowledgeable friends in the Lyme community call my general fogginess "brain inflammation", and that's exactly what it feels like.

One thing I've learned recently is just how long this whole treatment takes. It's a very long process and requires maintenance for life. Everyone wants to see me snap my fingers and be healed, but it doesn't work that way. Lyme is extremely complex and has to be treated in stages and layers. Patience is a necessity, and rushing the process doesn't make it work faster--it can actually have the opposite effect.

Since my last update, I've completely stopped taking the enzymes, a.k.a. biofilm busters. While they're touted as a vital part of the Lyme-killing process, I just can't tolerate enzymes. Even in small doses, they feel like they're tearing up my stomach lining. Three days into them, I think I started to develop an ulcer. The pain in my abdomen was a combination of gnawing, sharpness, burning and soreness, but it was limited to my central abdomen (so no esophagal reflux or intestinal pain). Taking them on a full stomach didn't seem to help. I also felt enraged and extremely irritable. A couple days after stopping the enzymes, the stomach pain finally dissipated, as did the rage.

About a month from now, I'll be finding out where I stand in terms of progress and healing. All of the myriad tests are being re-run, in addition to a few new tests which I'm excited about.

Until then, I really don't have much in the way of excitement or new developments to report. Except for the enzymes, I'm still on the same list of medications and supplements that I posted early this month. In fact, I mentioned in that list that I'd be starting some new anti-parasitic meds soon, and I've been tolerating those pretty well. I haven't noticed any parasite die-off or any new rashes recently, but I do notice I'm more sluggish than usual.

Well, I'm sure this entry has my readers yawning! And I'm right there with y'all! Whether it's the lack of excitement in my update or the fact that it's 1:40 a.m., I'm fighting some serious sleepiness right now.....

I promise I'll be back soon with some juicy, controversial and very personal stories. I'm already formulating them in my half-baked head. Coming up soon: Friends who stabbed me in the back; and my humorous attempts to be a career woman. It'll be like late night reality TV. And if you have Lyme, you'll sooo relate. So check back soon. Thanks for reading, and goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. I was on the synthetic drugs to treat my hypothyroidism and it didn't work for me. I now take 4 of the desiccated bovine thyroid and my blood work looks good. Still have some tiredness but at least I can mow my yard. My doctor is amazed.